Modwright LS100 VS Modwright LS36.5

I am considering getting either of the above ... If you have experience of the above... please give me some feedback... Thanks
clarrie
I have owned the LS-100 as well as other 6SN7 based preamplifiers, and while I have not owned or heard the 36.5, I have owned another 6H30 based preamplifier and I have to say that I prefer 6SN7 preamps to 6H30 preamps in a general sense.

The 6SN7 preamp will have more tone, warmth and body then the 6H30 preamp, while the 6H30 preamp will be remarkable in its clarity.

But a lot of this really depends on synergy with the rest of your system and your personal preferences. Also, if you're looking for a balanced preamp, the LS 36.5 is truly balanced versus the LS-100 which has XLR outputs only for convenience.

What does the rest of your system look like?
Hi Wil,

Thanks for your response...

My Setup
Amp - Pass Labs X250.5
Current Pre - Quick SIlver Linestage
CEC TL 1 CD Transport
Theta Pro Basic DAC - thinking of changing my DAC also
Speakers - Harbeth SHL 5

Thanks
I have the LS100 with Black Treasure 6sn7s and a Philips 5ar4 and echo Wilysnet's comment about it. I asked Dan Wright about the difference in sound between the 2 and he said that the LS36.5 was faster due to the 6H30.
I'd go with the LS-100. The highly resolved, ever so slightly warm (for a solid state amp that is) and inner detail and micro-dynamic finesse of the Pass amplifier would be complemented well by the richer texture of the LS-100. Personally, I think a 6H30 preamp here would be a bit boring.

I know a lot of people aim for absolute neutrality, but you know, one person's neutral is someone else's cold fish. Fortunately, I think a Harbeth owner would appreciate that sentiment.

When I had the LS-100, it was outfitted with Sophia Electric 6SN7 tubes and Mullard 5AR4 rectifier.

I presently own the Atma-sphere MP-3, which I think is slightly more neutral but just as beautiful.

Best 6SN7 preamplifier I've heard is the TRL Dude. I owned one briefly, but its chassis was too large to be suitable in my shared listening room. That might not be a problem for you.

As for DACs, I think one of the best values out there right now is the NAD M51. I'm really impressed with it, and having been through many DACs over the years, I can say this one is a real standout. At least it is in the $1500 - $3000 range.