Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
The remote control volume from my digital cable box happens to control the volume of my Dual Cabernet. Just the TV function of it though. My television is an older Philips/Magnavox. Perhaps you could find a Philips TV remote or code that might work. Good luck.
Is there anyone in the States that repairs Suprateks? According to Mick, Kevin no longer works for him. Thanks!
On his old website, Mick used to state that any competent tech could repair his units. I'm sure he would be willing to provide the tech with info/schematics.

I remember a member of Audio Asylum (Michael Samra) did some power supply repair/changes for another member. I hadn't heard about Kevin Covi leaving. Let us know what happens.
Scott Frankland at [email protected] or [email protected]
He know everything one needs to know about audio electronics.
Most other repair people i have meet look inside a Supratek unit and
run for the hills.

Last time I spoke with Kevin he said he would take units once in a while.

Good Luck
I just had my Atma-sphere MA1's updated to the latest 3.1 version (from 2.2) plus all options available have been added.

I have got to share that the current upgrades are a revelation for this amp. Wow does this amp now sing. So rich and glorious with state of the art transparency. The stage depth is jaw dropping and the images so 3D and real.

This is my first OTL amp or amp from Atma-sphere and I am taken back now realizing what I have been missing. This latest generation simply outclasses the 2.2 by a wide margin.

Yes, I am pleased to say the least. I have owned many a tube amp and this one has all of that wonderful warmth, bloom and weight combined with SET-like intimacy.