Coincident Linestage vs CJ CT5 or Allnic L-3000

I currently own a Conrad Johnson CT5 but would like to upgrade and move to a preamp with XLR in/out. I have tested the Allnic L-3000 which I find very intersting, and I am also interested in the Coincident Statement linestage. Has anybody compared the Coincident to the CT5 or the Allnic?
obrennan1963
The Coincident is not balanced, this comes from a reliable source but I wonder how you can really tell
It baffles me how Coincident can get the workmanship and cosmetics So right with their speakers and miss the mark with their electronic. Some of the only complaints about the Coincident electronics have been attributed to inconsistent build standards and lack of cosmetic refinement. Coincident made some significant improvements with their Mk2 versions, but apparently, they have some room to go.

ItÂ’s nice when you buy a component based on reviews and internet recommendations and it delivers as advertised.
Charles1dad, Obviously I think and hope that it will be a good match with my current system. I will know in about a week and a half. As far as the ModWright OPPO 105, I have pretty much decided that is in my future. I was going to send my modwright sony 5400 back for the digital in mod, but I think at this point it is clear that the way to go is to sell it and go with the OPPO, which already has a digital in feature. Its likely that will be on the agenda for next fall or winter. I think for now, I'll get the biggest bang for the buck out of the Coincident.

Abruce, I would consider Israel Blume a reliable source and he says its balanced.
02-12-13: Abruce
The Coincident is not balanced, this comes from a reliable source but I wonder how you can really tell
From the CSLS description at the Coincident website:
The circuitry of the Statement is fully balanced from input to output. The sonic performance is optimized for balanced and single ended operation. The choice of balanced or single ended will be determined by the ancillary components used with the Statement. If the amplifier or source component is designed to be optimized for balanced operation, for example, then using the Statement in balanced mode will yield the best sonic results. Single ended mode is recommended when used with components designed for single ended operation.
Looking at the rest of the description that is provided for the CSLS, the one thing that raises some doubt in my mind about its internal signal path being fully balanced (when the XLR connectors are used and the rear panel switches are set to balanced mode) is that there is apparently only one single-section triode tube per channel. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how a balanced active gain stage can be implemented with a single triode.

Although Atmasphere has described in past threads an approach involving applying one of the two signals in a balanced signal pair to the grid of a tube, and injecting the other signal into the cathode circuit, thereby driving the grid and cathode in opposition. That approach would allow a single triode to accept a balanced input signal pair, with the output transformer converting the signal that is output from the plate to balanced. Whether or not that kind of approach would constitute a "fully balanced" signal path is debatable, IMO.

In any event, regardless of its topology it is by essentially all accounts an exceptional performer. Obrennan & Brownsfan, congratulations and enjoy!

Regards,
-- Al
Brf,
The current Coincident components are built to a very high standard(just
not uber high) and better than many.Obrennan did say the level of
imperfection is "minor" and I would agree.The overall package
of built, part quality and most of all sound is spledid IMO. My CSL and
Frankenstein MK II have been completely trouble free with very heavy use.
Once listened to, many are quite impressed with it, just as Obrennan is.
Regards,