Cary CAD 280sa v12R

anyone have any experience with these.Are they US made or chinese made?
Anything to look for.
thanks John
mclsound
Was the apple of my eye at one point but things just didn't turn out that way. Amps with 12 output tubes remind of 12 cylinder engines in a way and Cary encouraged the thinking.
I had a V12R for a couple of years. Great amp, but they run very hot. If you can swing it get a CAD 120s. I love mine. It runs much cooler and the bass sounds better.
I'm listening to mine right now. Very happy with it. Three dimensional, really good extension top and bottom, although not the last word in bass slam. I listen to mostly acoustic music and for that it sounds great. Among the most powerful 50 watt amps I've ever heard. I never bother with ultralinear mode. Never needed it. It does run really hot, but then I suspect that anything with sixteen tubes in it would. It's all point to point wired inside - no circuit boards - and very stoutly constructed in North Carolina. Cary service is a little pricy, but they're quick and I dare you to try to get Mr. Sony on the phone. Cap upgrades are worthwhile. Cheers!