Solid State for Rock and Tubes for Jazz, Yes or No

I love Solid State for most music but I do think Tubes are great for Jazz and Classical. Maybe we should have one each!
donplatt
Live un-amplified muttering is an acoustic phenomena that, weirdly, is noiseless by nature. I worry more about the ACTUAL floor.
Seriously, to have a chance of reproducing what you hear in a larger major metro symphony hall in your listening room in a convincing manner, be sure to sit at least halfway back or more at the symphony hall. The further back you sit, the more your listening perspective might match (individual instruments "crammed" into a smaller "soundstage" and dynamics heard be reproducible.

Depending on how up to the task your home rig is, you can try sitting closer at the symphony each time and see how far you get reproducing something even remotely similar at home.

I sat about half way back at the Myerhoff Saturday night in the 3rd row left center balcony (grand tier) assessing what I heard versus at home. I came home pretty happy!
You can see where I sat Here

God bless the internet for making such trivia easily shared to bore others.....
Lol wolf,

I always thought muttering was very quiet and not quite noiseLESS, but i am sure it needed a floor for the mutterers to stand on. Even if a noisy floor. I must stop worrying about the floor and focus on the muttering.
Mapman,

Lovely, but I hope the early reflections from the handrail didn't spoil the music.