The Best Compliment You've Gotten On Your Rig?

My brother-in-law entered my home as jazz was playing on my system. After about three songs, the announcer came on and started to speak..and my brother-in-law looked at me with amazement.."that was the radio??!!

He could not believe he was listening to a radio station. It was my killer Sansui TU-X1 tuner doing its thing. Best compliment I could ever receive. My bro-in-law is not an audiophile.
128x128mitch4t
Regarding equipment the only comments/compliments I get are "what are all the tubes?" and how beautiful the speakers are. What I do hear though is a lot of comments regarding my collection of music, rather large and conspiciously displayed. Most conversations in my room revolve around the music, not the system. I don't think most realize the effort its assemby and set up represents. I think I like it that way though.
The only thing I have ever heard when someone has seen my system is "how many watts do the speakers put out?" When I politely try to explain that speakers do not put out watts, they usually walk away.
Many years ago my sister commented on the improvement brought about by using Monster speaker cable. Decades later my wife shouted after hearing the price of my dream component. I now endeavor to bring gear in only when she is not home. Most if they notice at all have that crazed look on their face of you having a very large stereo system and have spend way too much money.

Audio like beauty is in the eye/ ear of the beholder.
Cs, Sinatra actually has nothing to do with my rig and neither Tony Bennet or Bary Manilow(burp).
Marakanetz, the first sentence was for you, the second for Rpeluso. Sorry for the confusion. However, I'm with you!