Build a new system around pair of Snell Alll's?

Due to setting up a second home (in Austin), I have the opportunity to set up a new system around my Snell Alll's. Fortunately, it will be a bigger room and I do plan to make it a HT system although my main interest is to max stereo listening. I've had them on a B&K AVR707 and really enjoyed the clarity and neutrality I got. But feel the staging was too shallow which crunched the imaging. Without having any real tube experience I think I may be a SS listener at heart. The "peach fuzz" feel of tubes I've heard described seems unappealing. What I am convinced of is need to get much more power to the Snells. I know there's a ton of variables here but appreciate any suggestions from those who may be familiar with these beauties. Thanks
tccaux
Frog,

It was quite a while ago, but IIRC, there were several different amps over a period of 5ish years. I know that one was a SS Audire, because I sold him that one. I'm pretty sure that there was also a Counterpoint hybrid in there, somewhere, but even that might have been after the Snells were gone. Beyond that, I just don't recall.

You make a good point - I can't state that I ever heard the Snells at their best. Nevertheless, he had other speakers (generally less expensive) in the same system (s) that provided a notably better sense of depth. My observation is based on the memory that The AIII was the best of that lot in every respect but the one under discussion here.

Marty
Tccaux, the B&K gear is not bad. And sure, upgrade your amp and keep your preamp and you would probably have an improvement. But, IMO you are really limiting what that speaker can do using the receiver's preamp section. And how can you be sure that it is not the preamp itself that is the cause of your dissatisfaction? You certainly could try it, but I would be prepared to get a better preamp in the future. And BTW, no reason you can't use a tube amp with a SS pre (even your B&K; for now).
I've made contact with a local HT installer that carries Mcintosh, Classe, Rotel and some Peachtree. He's offered to let me bring the AIIIs in to his listening room fr comparison. Theyre in climate controlled storage now and it'll be a hassle but I have the time and it'd be fun. Will get to hear some tubes I think. I'm watching the boards for a Rowland as suggested. There's a Rowland dealer in San Antonio but haven't made contact yet. The house has got about six months of remodeling so I do have opportunity to look around.
Thanks
I talked to the San Antonio dealer and will go to hear some stuff he's got next week. For the AIIIs and based on my B&K experience, he's suggesting I consider the ModWrights. Will listen to this Rowland 625 as well....
Well, I listened today to a mc integrated and the classe ca2300. It's clear to me that I'm a neutral reproduction kinda guy. I listened to two - mc252 and mc452 - and the warmth was distracting for me. Softened edges too much. One room was too dampened but the other was fine. All were hooked up to B&W 801 s