Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Regarding the phonostage in the Chenin.... What do you get for that extra $400.00? I think few here acually know the true measure of Micks entry level phonostage including his other designs.I guess you can say that about most well designed components ect.Check out Slipknot1 system, "Ars Musica". He uses a Chenin with his Walker Proscenium turntable.Im sure if there was any hint of a problem with the Chenin in his system,it would of been gone long ago. As for me,Micks entry level preamp and phonostage is the best so far that I have owned.Hopefully by the end of the year my Chenin will be hooked up to a S.M.E. 20/12.I think only then will I get a clear sense of Micks design.
I echo what Stiltskin posted here! I think the Chenin's phono section (6922/6C4) is exceptional!

I remember that the phono section of the Chenin was taken from the one which the Cortese had during that time. The Syrah, which the Chenin replaces have a different phono section topology overall. I truly believe that the 6922/6C4 combo that the Chenin preamp has is a magnificent sounding design.

Sometimes I wonder what could be the reason why the Chenins phono design was changed from the original 6922/6C4 combo to a different 6922/XXX topology?

As they say, a great sounding circuit design is only as great to how the individual components react to compliment each other. IMHO, Mick hit something special with the 6922/6C4 combo.

regards,

Abe
Houstonreef- I tried to send an email thru the A'Gon system,but received a delivery failure notice. Email me directly if you still need one.
[email protected]
Don't mean to change the subject but does anyone have any experience with Supratek power amps?