Pass amp vs McCormack with Silver/Gold upgrades...

OK, I'm trying again. My purchases in the past have benefited and been guided from help here, and I hope my first SS amp purchase might benefit similarly. I've read a lot and my interest has focused on two amps (thought the Blue Circles are intriguing).

For the cost of buying a DNA-1 or .5 and getting $1000 to $2000 of upgrades, I can buy a pair of used Pass Aleph amps (more or less) such as the ones on Ebay right now. I have not heard either, but am going on lots and lots of reading.

Is anybody able to contrast the sound I might get with these two options? Or make an educated guess? Uneducated guess? Toss a coin?

Any comments would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
river251

John I'm amazed there may be a speaker cable for that price range. Would you call these on the bright side?

I fully expect the B&K will not replace my 8B. But I have been intrigued for some time. It's costing me $27 in shipping, and I am sure I can pretty much get my $200 back on Ebay, as it looks new. It's a data point. I'll learn.

Thanks.
Jim
Without any upgrades to the stock DNA-1, I would most definately go with the Aleph's as they will sound more refined and sweeter.

The economy is still dragging along and I believe since the price of gasoline has dropped, this may be the booster shot the economy needs. But them wallstreet bankers are still determine to destroy any headway made. JP Morgan/Chase just lost 4.4 billion on a bad deal but did fire the executives responsible. Boy that definately makes me feel better.
Phd, thanks very much. Don't let's get started on the economy...

John, thanks much, I've spent some time this morning reading threads on the Mapleshade wires and will get both speaker cables and interconnects to try when I can.

Jim
Jim,
I wouldn't say that the Mapleshade are bright, but they do lean toward the transparent side of neutral. I have heard brighter cables though.

John
Jmcgrogan2 said-
I have a feeling that the B&K will be a disappointment, as it is far from the best SS and going back to SS after tubes is not easy to begin with.
Yeah, that was where I was going. I'd call them entry level high end while the DNAs, esp. the 0.5, were high end bargains. OTOH, @ $27, what's not to like??? As far as cables go, lots of 'goners like Paul Speltz Anti-cables @ $10/ft.