Accuphase preamps

My research tells me that their preamps have some of the most features of solid state designs. Also, I have heard them @ CES, they sound very good indeed.

My question is, will they mate up ok with other brands of amps.

Right now I have Bryston amps, and a BP6P preamp, and I'm not too crazy about getting a BP26 because of lack of features.

It also appears that Accuphase is the better design as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks.
dave_72
Paul:
I did not realize there is a large difference between the C-2410 and C-2810 as Greg has mentioned.
To give an example of the difference: the dynamic range and the hi frequency extension. Take the first movement on Mahler 2. At the ffff, the dynamics on the 2810 are such that you need to lower the volume. Also, the clashes are very sudden and scary if loud.
You don't need to lower the volume on the 2410, and the dynamic impact is soft by comparison.
Thanks for highlighting the differences, Gregm.

Now, what's your take on Accuphase amps? Are the A/B models a good choice, or just stick with Class A.

And are they a better choice than Bryston amps?
Are the A/B models a good choice, or just stick with Class A. And are they a better choice than Bryston amps?
My opinion is that class A Accuphase is much better than Bryston -- even though Bryston is the most decent, reliable, & good value products out there that I know of. Class AB is also good, but may not be a "stratospheric" improvement on the Bryston...
On the other hand, the 2810 pre, will make a huge difference even with your current amps (that are excellent IMO).
Try and get one (I think they still may have them) with an Alps RK50 volume control (potentiometer).
Hi Gregm,

That's what I was thinking. To go Class A Accuphase. More expensive, but worth it.

Ok, I see. Yeah, if I were to go A/B, I could save a lot by getting the Bryston amps.

I can believe that. The Bryston preamp is no big deal.