Accuphase preamps

My research tells me that their preamps have some of the most features of solid state designs. Also, I have heard them @ CES, they sound very good indeed.

My question is, will they mate up ok with other brands of amps.

Right now I have Bryston amps, and a BP6P preamp, and I'm not too crazy about getting a BP26 because of lack of features.

It also appears that Accuphase is the better design as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks.
dave_72
If you're looking for a (high priced) Accuphase pre, then I agree with Nvp that used 2810 is the way to go.

Inexplicably, there was much more dynamic content to the 2810 than the 2410 when I listened to them a couple of years ago.
Hi Guys,

Well, the dealer that I talked to in California informed me that the distributor said there's no plans to replace the C-2410 anytime soon. He might be bluffing, however in order to sell the demo unit he has.

The reason I picked the C-2410 is because it has the bass and treble controls. The C-2810 (and the C-2820) does not.

As for the amp, I will listen to the Accuphase amps and go from there. I'm willing to bet the sound is at least a bit better than the Bryston amps. Especially the Class A models. Are the A/B models a good choice too?

Thanks.

Take care.
Hi Dave,

If you check the "Product Museum" section of the Accuphase official site (under the Product section) you will see that Accuphase is releasing new models every 4 years (sometimes 5 years in the case of the top of the line models). For example the C-2800 was released in 07-2002 and was replaced by the C-2810 in 06.2006 which in turn was replaced by the C-2820 in 12.2011 (I believe). The C-2400 was released in 08.2003, so you can do the math :).

I did not realize that the C-28XX models do not have bass and treble control. Why are the bass and treble controls so important for you? (For me the balance knob it the important one :). )

Also, I did not realize there is a large difference between the C-2410 and C-2810 as Greg has mentioned. Most often people say that it is definitively not worth buying the C-2810 at almost twice the price since sound wise the two are very very similar. However, Greg's experience definitively correlates with the price difference between the two.

I have listen only the C-2810 model so I can not say much about this.

What speakers do you have?

Regards,
Paul

I see, thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, you can see that in the catalog @ Accuphase.com

Bass and treble controls are a nice feature to me. It's better to have them than not. Besides, the C-2820 is not in my budget.

Nothing worth mentioning right now. But, if you must know, JBL L890s, lol.

I'm currently looking at ATC (SCM 150 towers) and Focal (Electra and Utopia ranges)
Paul:
I did not realize there is a large difference between the C-2410 and C-2810 as Greg has mentioned.
To give an example of the difference: the dynamic range and the hi frequency extension. Take the first movement on Mahler 2. At the ffff, the dynamics on the 2810 are such that you need to lower the volume. Also, the clashes are very sudden and scary if loud.
You don't need to lower the volume on the 2410, and the dynamic impact is soft by comparison.