Why is the market for used Levinson amps so slow?

I've tried to sell my 334s without luck, and I've been watching others have similar problems. The used Levinson market was so hot a couple of years ago. What gives?
irvrobinson
I wonder if one of the reasons for slowness in the market for Levinson amps, aside from the situation on Agon, is growing recognition that there are "two Levinsons" -- the equipment Mark Levinson actually designed himself, and the stuff designed and sold after he sold the company. In many cases, it takes a lot of effort to sort out which is which, and most folks probably don't want to invest the effort. And it's been so long since he had any association with the name that I suspect virtually all the cache is gone.

Levinson wasn't the engineer who designed the components; that was Tom Colangelo, who went on with Levinson to form Cello. Levinson isn't a EE, he's a musician / recording engineer sort of guy.

Levinson the man moved on from Mark Levinson the company before 1984, so the brand name has been without its name sake for a very long time.
Levinson wasn't the engineer who designed the components; that was Tom Colangelo, who went on with Levinson to form Cello. Levinson isn't a EE, he's a musician / recording engineer sort of guy.

Levinson the man moved on from Mark Levinson the company before 1984, so the brand name has been without its name sake for a very long time.
To give credit where credit is due, it should also be mentioned that several of the earliest products of the original Mark Levinson Audio Sytems company, headed by Mark Levinson, were designed by John Curl. Tom Colangelo assumed primary design responsibility a bit later.

Re the post early in the thread by Charles1dad, I too have seen a considerable number of comments in recent years about the difficulty and expense that are involved in getting ML equipment serviced.

Best regards,
-- Al
Not sure where our OP got his info, but my ML stuff sells quickly and for premoe dollars.
I've had many generations of the stuff and have always had great service and at exceptable prices.
I do believe that AudiogoN is not what is was. The change in the site is one factor as well as the economy. No doubt in my mind that this site is NOT what is once was. It has hurt used sellers as well as builders.

The sense of community and belonging is gone, gone, gone. This impacts our desire to trade, buy, sell and live out our hobby on this site. I feel this change to be as real as the computer I am now typing on.

Maybe I'm changing and all of this is just my perspective. The problem is many of my close audio friends have shared the same feelings. We feel a sense of loss, like losing a good old friend.