Jadis OR bias value for Mullard RL34 and KT88 help

I just swapped my Gold Lion (reissue) KT88 tubes for Mullard EL34's and was vwery surprised that the volume was so much lower. I checked the bias and found it to be less than 10mv while the KT88's had been biased at 110mv.
I rebiased the EL34's up to 90mv and the volume increased to what seemed to be "normal".
I am looking for the correct voltage to bias the new EL34 to in a Jadis Orchestra Reference.
Any help is appreciated.
128x128mattzack2
Very interesting .
I will check out those 12ax7's. I just bought these Tungsols but I am going to take your advice on them.
The Mullards have started filling the room and the lesser bass has become a nonissue. I am going to run it mostly Continuos over the rest of the weekend.
The reissue Tung Sols are a very good current production 12AX7. I find them clean, clear with a strong signal that is full range capable, they rarely call attention to themselves.
Unfortunately the NOS supply of 12AX7s has dwindled and what's left don't look so good or are very expensive indeed. You may have more luck with 5751s which won't give you all of the gain you might desire but have exciting tonal qualities. They have been discussed ad-infinitum, so I won't say more than that you might want to investigate that option. I don't recall hearing them in the Orchestra but Trelja and I have DA-60s (unless he parted with his,) where they are fabulous 12AX7 subs. I will make one suggection. The most bass emphatic 5751 that we encountered was probably the GE Triple Mica Grey plates. They are not as detailed or as good in general as the 5751 black plate tubes tend to be, but will provide as much bass as any will, if you should see a continuing need for it.
Doctor, did you find the TungSol 12AX7 superior to the Shuguang 12AX7B? If so, that's quite a statement.
The Tung Sols are competent tubes that do their job in a somewhat understated manner in my experience, they have very good tonal balance. I would be hard pressed to say they are better than the Shuguangs. The Shuguangs have much better treble extension and are indeed cleaner than the Tung Sols now than you have got me comparing the tubes.
I was thinking that his choice for 12AX7 was a good one that really shouldn't have any negative impact on the overall sonics he is looking for.
Joe what would you say provide the most bass in that family of tubes? I remember when we were trying to buy 5751s and you telling me that the Grey Plates, while not your ultimate choice, had "thunderous bass". I found your description to be spot on, and never forgot it.
Doctor, I would say you have more knowledge in terms of the 12AX7 and 5751 than I.

While I do feel the Sylvania 5751 Grey Plates have a bit more thunder down under, as you had also thoroughly evaluated the GE 5 Star and RCA variants, your insight and overall perspective surely betters mine.

Regarding the Shuguangs, I find they do not lack in the low end. Previous to finding them, there was no production 12AX7 that I felt held up against the tubes of yore. But outside of the JOR, where the lower gain potentially becomes an issue, I'll still take the 5751.

Care to provide an update on how break in left things, Mattzack2? How do you find the Mullard EL34 in comparison to your Gold Lion KT88?