Amp and speaker matching.

I wanted to know if anyone out there has driven a harder load speaker (86db to be exact), with a Tube Amp around 70 watts? I was thinking of driving a pair of Dynaudio Contour 3.0's with a pair of Prima Luna 7 monoblocks 70watts. Currently I use a Solid State amp 350Watts. The Dyns love power so im afraid to drop down in power.

128x128mattmiller
Note I use a Prima Luna Tube PreAmp...Prologue 3. McIntosh MC352 power amp Dynaudio Contour 3.0's and A Rega P3/24 with groovetracer upgrades and Nagaoka mp200 Cartridge. Cables from: Signal,Morrow Audio,Nordost. Thanks agian for the great INFO.
I have used this mix for many years. So, Thiel CS 3.6 (2.5 to 4ohms, 86db) with CJ Premier 11a and 6550 based Sam's Audio Labs Integrated. So, both 6550 based amps.

The results have been both excellent and problematic. I have had success in a smallish 13.5 X 16' room, but Sam Kim had to employ unique technics to give me the gain I desired, like a 3-ohm tap for the Thiels.

I have recently decided to purchase more sensitive speakers for my amp. This decision became clear when trying hi-rez digital files in my setup. When playing 96/24 files, I could not approach the sound levels of my analog front end without raising the noise floor where the music became harsh sounding. I also got this result when playing Redbook CDs, but level drop became quite apparent when playing Chesky CDs that are lower-level.

I would not recommend the combination for digital playback and it's marginal, at best, with analog.
I wanted to Thank everyone that responded...Most particularly
Atmasphere for the very informative link and Yes I agree it would have to be a 200watt or better tube design.Maybe a Audio Research. It this point i'm really thinking of improving the preamp with something more on the level of the McIntosh Amp. I am liking the tube/solid state combo for these dynaudios.
That is understandable. Dynaudio loudspeakers are designed for transistors. Its hard to make them sound right with tubes.