Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
At first, i do not have a lot knowledge about the tubes.The previous owner has chagned some of the tubes on the Syrah.I need your help on buying the stock tubes on my Syrah that i play only linestage. can you point out exactly what tubes (model) are the stock tube for playing linestatge only and also where is the best place to buy them.

Thanks.
Houstonreef,

you have to read the thread or at least large parts of it. I made it in six days... There are some marvellous recommendations on tubes from really experienced people.
One thing I remember is many were excited at the sound of the Electro Harmonix 6SN7 tubes. A couple or three have also recommended the Sovtek KT-66.
Enjoy your Syrah and good luck,
frankiealverti
Hello Houstonreef. Congrats on your new found supratek. The linestage tubes will be the first pair of the larger [octal based] tubes behind the smaller phono tubes. The original line stage tubes supplied with the Syrah were the Sovtek 6sn7's. What type of 6sn7 tube was the previous owner using? Most any other nos 6sn7 should be a major improvement over the Sovtek's. The newer suprateks are delivered with the Electro harmonics 6sn7, certainly far better sounding tube than the sovtek's however still not in the same league as some of the better nos 6sn7's. Your welcome to my pair of EH 6sn7's and/or the sovtek 6sn7's for the cost of the postage. Everyone have a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.
Hello Ecclectique, thanks for sharing your vast experience and knowledge. During the last week I have read and saved many of your postings in this fine thread! Would you please let me know (according to your experience) if the plastic based, round plate Sylvania 6F6GTs will perform and sound as good as a good pair of NOS 6F6Gs on the Syrah?
Thanks so much and happy holidays,
frankiealverti
Thanks for all your advice, and especially Ecclectique(i will get back with you on your offer). The reason is that someone in this thread prefers to use the stock tubes instead.

Happy Holidays