Jolida 502 KT120 tube swapping

Having been told by the nice people at Jolida that the 502 transformer can handle the KT120's "filament requirements", I wondered if any Jolida-philes out there have tried them in either the 502BRC integrated or 502P (what I have) power amp, as they're apparently similar circuits. I'm tired of reading about how groovy the KT120 is and plan to try 'em eventually just to stop the madness and have some extra tubes around.
wolf_garcia
Upon reading this thread I tried the KT120. Its almost 2 weeks now and I really like it a lot!

Just wondering what pre-amp tubes should I use? I got a recommendation from a Jolida tech that SED (Winged C) is a good option. Have someone tried it?

Thank you for sharing!
There are a LOT of "small tube" suggestions around...I'm using "preferrd" 7025s (12ax7) from thetubestore, and recently added a pair of Mullard 12at7/4024s. Jolida's Jerred likes GEs, Michael Allen likes Phillips Mini Watt tubes...I like whatever sounds good and doesn't cost a fortune.
Hi Rattosecond

Welcome to the club. Like Wolf said there will be LOTS of preamp tube suggestions from owners to tube sellers.

Here are some combos that others have recommended to me and some that I have tried.

Tungsram 12AX7 tubes platinum or gold matched paired with Mullard CV4024 12AT7 type tubes.

I too also liked the Preferred 7025 from the tubestore paired with the Mullard CV4024 tubes.

If your source is a bit laid back or mellow to get more detail out of your music I liked the combination of Penta Labs 12AT7 tubes paired with Groove Tubes Gold Series GT-12AX7-C.

If your source is forward or has a high gain I liked pairing reissue Tung Sol 12AT7 and Mullard reissue 12AX7 tubes together.

Again this is all system dependent and in the systems I had these last 3 combinations is what I found after weeks of listening. I had Tung Sol KT-120 tubes in my Jolida at the time.

Best of luck on your search. I hope I have not confused you further.
I should have said "ordered" the Mullards...they don't get here until Monday or something. The only tube Jedinite24 seemingly doesn't have (and I do have) are the el cheapo Sovtek KT88s I bought a while back...and damn if they don't also sound great in the Jolida, although the KT120s are in there currently. I nominate Jedinite as the official 502p tube information and testing source...I might send him my KT88s for a review! Somebody should make a little LED lighted tube holder so you could enjoy extra tubes as visual art, instead of sticking them in a drawer like I do.
Morning Wolf

I'll pass on being a testing source. Doing the swapping I did and keeping notes of findings and combinations was getting annoying. That and like everything else findings are subjective and system dependent. I'll definitely keep compiling info from others though about different tubes used in the Jolida 502P as I get them. I'll definitely share although most of the tubes I got were based off of your recommendations. You get lots of better information than what I got when I called Jolida or the Tube Store. I'm even trying JAN 12AT7 type tubes but from GE now but am finding them to be the same as the Mullard CV4024 tubes. Will give it more time though.

I bought way too many 12AT7 and 12AX7 tubes when I saw deals on various sites. I did try to get the Sovtek KT-88 tubes based on your thoughts about them but my local pro audio shop couldn't get them for me. Speaking of Sovtek from talking to Jim McShane he was suggesting a real quiet Sovtek is the 12AX7LPS. I was tempted on that one too but decided to pass.

I'm going to cry if Tung Sol makes the Gold Pin uber rugged version of the KT-120s. Another set of tubs to get. I think I need to be put in a straight jacket.