Ayre V-Kxe and Thiel 2.4s

Anyone heard this combo?

I've been waiting for an appropriately priced Pass Labs 250.5 to pop up, but the wait has made me consider some other alternatives. In my conversations with Pass, they've steered me away from lower power options (e.g., the 150.5), so I'm concerned that the V-Kxe won't have enough power to really push the Thiels. However in reading over the positive Stereophile review of the 2.4s, I think much of the listening was done on the this amp. It does save me quite a bit of cash over the Pass 250.5 though.

Any opinions are welcome (along with other amp suggestions). Thanks folks.
128x128cal3713
Still wish Stevecham and I could just switch to see what each other's amp sounds like. I do find it difficult to consider the Pass Labs XA-30.5 to be "poor quality power"... but would love to try the CJ amp without risk. Ohh well, trial and error is a fun enough route...
As Unsound suggested earlier (nod to you bro!), you might also consider Krell, a brand I strongly recommend because I use a 400cx with my CS6s in my other system and it drives them adequately. The 6s are, in my opinion, more difficult to drive than the 2.4s. Plus, I know the 2.4s sound wonderful powered by this amp as I have tried this combination. The cx series autobiases to Class A operation, dependent on the input signal. You will need a preamp that outputs a balanced out (unless you're ready for some surgery to the amp). Also, Jeff Rowland, Audio Research, CJ 2500A (there was one on here recently) are additional candidate amps that I expect would power the 2.4s and sound great.
Well, I guess I'm going to try out a McIntosh 402. Double the watts from my Pass and it'll still double down as the impedance drops. It was used by the previous owners of my 2.4s. Unless I just adore it, I'll probably still try to pick up a X250.5 and then sell the loser of the two.