I've narrowed it down...

So my first venture into tube equipment will be an integrated amp based on the recommendations of this fine group of enthusiasts. I have narrowed the field to the Rogue Audio Tempest III, Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, the Cayin H-80 and Cary SLI-80.

All of this is based on what I have read and what fits in my budget. The Cary is a little over but for something I think I'll have for a lifetime I'm willing to go a little over...

I will be driving B&W 602S3's until more $$$ are available for something else.

My intent is to listen to vinyl then maybe venture into CD's or digital music. Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Going somewhere to listen to any of these is not an option for me, and room size is undetermined as I am in the process of moving.

Thanks.
botit
Unsound, I have also outlined how anyone with modest test equipment can prove what I have said for themselves. There are even 'goners that have set up the test themselves and come up with the same conclusion. Check the archives; your statement to the contrary, I've not seen 'numerous requests'; please refrain from misleading statements.

How do you debate with equally renowned SS builders i.e. Pass,Gryphon,Vitus,Boulder.Soulution etc. who would I`m sure insist their products produce music as'real' as any tube component and possibly better?

Nelson and I are often on the same page. I often refer people to the distortion article on his website:
https://passlabs.com/articles/audio-distortion-and-feedback

In it we see that adding negative feedback does enhance odd-ordered harmonics, which *maybe* you could sort out by having even more feedback, although you would need to add more gain to do that, likely requiring even more feedback...

The fact that feedback does have this effect of increasing odd orders was also documented by Norman Crowhurst 50-some years ago. You can find his articles on http://www.tubebooks.org (vol. 3 of Basic Audio).

I totally concede I have a bias towards tubes, although if you were to check the archives I have often mentioned that I think we can get to the same performance with transistors, but they often fall short on account of its a lot easier to build a linear circuit with no feedback using tubes than it is with transistors. With regards to the other manufacturers, the debate has not actually occurred as most of the ones you mention are not active on this or other forums that I frequent. However I would likely point to past work at the links I dropped above for starters.

As far as the human hearing rules, the fact that we use the odd orders to determine how loud a sound is is easily proven with modest test equipment. I'm happy to provide the test procedure if you like; Unsound that goes for you too.
Atmasphere, I am not making misleading statements. I myself have repeatedly made such requests. In the past you have referenced Crowhurst, upon reading those links, one would discover that Crowhurst actually suggested that some feedback could be beneficial. But...we're getting of topic now.
This has been very enlightening. Since I am only replacing one of the 2 options (amp or speakers) I think I'm in a do-loop... Upgrading the speakers first would give me an improvement in sound now and more improvement when I purchase the amp, and likewise if I purchase the amp now. I understand that my process may not be ideal. I have learned a great deal on this thread and appreciative of your willingness to share your knowledge and experience.

Thank You.

Regards,
Mikirob,
Oh I very much trust my ears(there`s no better way) That`s how I got to SET amplifiers. My question for Atmasphere was academic in nature,tube amp designer vs competent SS designer.
Regards,
Yes Botit, I think that is very true, changing speakers will change the sound of your system in a much more obvious way than changing amps, and down the road you get the amp that will take your speakers to a higher level. That would be my approach if you are looking to make a real change in the sound of your system and if you have to do one thing first and the second down the road.