Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Whoopadeedoo, I appreciate your help and please continue posting your opinion in this thread, we need your constructive experience instead of some sterile fights.
Whoopadeedoo, in one of your prior posts I read about the Visseaux 6L6G or Mullard EL34 used as regulators. Now I´m using WE350B in my Cab. How you compare the 350B with any of those other tubes?.
My other tubes are Valvo GZ34 metal base, Sylvania 6SN7GT (1952) or Tung Sol 6SN7GT round plates and TJPx4/n or WE300B. Thanks
Jpms,
The Visseaux 6L6G (as with most 6L6 tubes in the regulator spot) are a lot more full and warm then the WE350B. The Visseaux 6L6GT (the straight bottle version) is not quite as warm as the 6L6G ST/coke bottle version. Having experiented more with the GT and G versions, I prefer the GT version because it sounds more controlled.

IMO, the 350B is an outstanding regulator for vocals. The mids and treble are on par or better then the other suitable 6L6-type tubes. The 350B has terrific spatial seperation and detail. However, I find it lacks full tonality. The bass is wonderfully tight but somewhat deficient in my system.

The Mullard EL37 is somewhere in between the 6L6 and 350B sound, and it is my preferred regulator tube at present time. It simply sounds the most balanced out of the group.
Does anyone own any of Micks Amps? We all talk about how good the preamps are, but I would like to hear from some people that own a Supratek amp. What are your impressions? Is anyone out there interested in the new KT-88 based amp that Mick is working on? I own a Berning ZH-270 amp that I use with my Cortese, but owning a Supratek amp that would perfectly match my preamp in both looks and sonics sounds pretty cool.