Best current 845 Tubes

NOS is ridiculous to find, and if they aren't fakes, and aren't used up they get really expensive. So lets keep them out of the equation.

A few searches revealed a few flavors available. And some information that makes them all seem like the same tubes re-branded. So I'm looking for opinions.

Shuguang 845
Shuguang 845B
Shuguang 845C
Psvane 845-T
TJ Full Music 845
Sophia Electric 845
Create Audio 845
Taylor 845

I think TJ and Sophia are the same tube.
denoiad
I just bought a Cary 805 AE that came with a factory supplied Chinese 845's. Wonder if this is a Shuguang?

No matter how many sweet 300b's (for driver), 6sl7's 6sn7's (input stage) I plug in ahead of it there is a upper midrange emphasis I'm not keen on. My Cary 300bse have better balanced sound,including surprisingly more bass... although not as controlled.

This is my third 845 amp and either I have had bad luck in using bad sounding 845's or maybe I just don't like 845's as all sort of have this quality.

So wondering what 845s are considered to have best midrange?
Frankk,

You have the 845A. It is most of the reason for the glare bothering you. Spring for a set of Shuguang 845B to smooth out your sound.

Phil
Thanks.
In your opinion can the best 845 compete with the 300b in the midrange.
I have both 845 and 300B single-ended amps. My answer is, yes the best 845 can compete with 300B in the midrange. The quality of the driver tube might be more important in the 845 than in the 300B, in getting equal midrange. There will be greater variances from amp to amp in the 300B realm than between the two triode tube types themselves. "Compete" doesn't mean exactly the same. If the two amps pitting 300B v. 845 are built to equal standards of design, circuit execution and build quality, the 300B amp is likely to be perceived as delivering marginally more finesse and dexterity and the 845 more energetic dynamics and projection. But the underlying fundamentals can be quite similar. You just have a few more tube options in 300B for voicing an amp than you have in 845. I will say, however, that if the oft-cited midrange magic of 300B SET is your first priority, you will get it from a cheaper 300B amp than 845 for similar sound. The less expensive 845 amps generally don't have as much resolution, clarity, dimensioning and light-handedness as entry level 300B.

But again, I am describing differences of degree. Both will give you essential SET tone. My 845 and 300B amps are the same rated power -- by virtue of the 300B amps being PSET. The midrange quality between the two is fully competitive, but the 845 sounds more dynamic and energetic, and the 300B amps have a little more ultimate resolving capability, in part influenced by the higher silver content in the 300B amps. The larger qualitative differences are in design and execution more than in the tube types.

Phil
8-21-13 willieher
Curious to know if anyone has heard the newest Psvane WE845
from there replica series. There add compares its sound on par with a RCA 845. Build quality looks good.