Pre-amp suggestions for Thiel 2.4/Pass Labs XA30.5

Looking to get a pre-amp to mate with my Thiel 2.4s and the Pass Labs XA-30.5. I've got about at $2500 limit and need a phono section (or need to to pick up a MM phono stage in addition... but still stay under the $2500 limit). I'm currently using a Classe CAP-151's pre-amp section, but it seems that it's getting outclassed a bit by the new additions. Any suggestions? I'm open to both tube and SS options.
128x128cal3713
Unsound: This doesn't really matter, and I don't know the true state of affairs because I haven't directly compared the XA30.5 to the X250.5, but if you take a look at the entire thread, you'll see that it is actually a recommendation, and that the thread owner A/Bs the two amps on his 2.4s and vastly prefers the XA30.5. And in my listening, I'm in class A about 90-95% of the time.

In any case, this thread hasn't really addressed my actual issue. Regardless of people's perceptions regarding powering the Thiels with a 30 watt amplifier, removing the Classe from the system and using my PS Audio PWD as a preamp allows me to hear significantly more detail from my source components... so some successful preamp pairing suggestions would still be useful.
Cal3713...I would assume a used Pass XP-10 would be a good combination with your XA30.5 (check with folks at Reno Hifi who often have good used/demo inventory and I believe they allow 30-day in-home auditions). Other options to consider:

ARC LS-17: http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?preatube&1328708163&/Audio-Research-LS-17-Tube-Prea. very detailed/resolving but still gives you smooth/continuous flow of music with 3D presentation

CJ Classic SE: http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?preatube&1329081914&/conrad-johnson-Classic-SE-tube. Shoudl give you the CJ golden hue but with updated modern and highly resolved sound. SE version includes Teflon caps which take a very long time to burn in (>600hrs) but should deliver on resolution and spatiality in spades. This looks like a good deal for a brand new unit with full factory warranty.

Good luck.
Cal3713, went back and read the entire thread. I still don't see a direct recommendation from Nelson Pass for the XA30.5 for the Thiel CS 2.4's. The OP does seem to vastly prefer the XA30.5 to the X250.5, but with the caveat of not having to play loud in a large room. The thread also points out that the Thiel Cs 2.4's spend much of their time below 4 Ohms. Aparently others there have had similar conjecture as I had re: output Class bias.
...But enough of that. I think the a Pass pre would be just the ticket. What ever you choose, I'd suggest using a fully balanced pre.
Unsound: Yeah, I've only lived with the amp and speakers for a week or so (both are new to me), so other than some initial impressions of really hearing some great stuff out of the two, I still don't know either in much detail. Perhaps in the end I'll have to decide whether to switch to the 250.5 or change speakers. I certainly was encouraged by the volume level needed to leave class A, so we'll see... And thanks for the rec.