Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Sonics1 - I just had an email from Mick, he was traveling and said it might be a couple days before he could check email again. But I expect you will hear from him soon. It might also be worthwhile to contact PS Audio to see if others have had any problems when adjusting voltage. Good luck.
Tks. Tonnesen. Mick is back from vacation and he thinks that it's a defective 5AR4 tube in the power supply and he's sending a new one over along with a couple spare fuses. He's also got a friend in NY that he trusts to test out the Cortese if the problem persists. We're checking out a few other possibilities also. I did contact PS Audio and they don't believe that the Power Plant could have caused the problem no matter what the voltage was set on. Anyone on this thread using a power plant to feed a Supratek? I'll give it another run when the new tube gets here. If it starts to heat up again, I'll take it off the power plant. Got to get this baby cranking again!! The sound was unbelievably addicting while it lasted. at least I'll get some sleep at night with this down time.
Dear fellow supratek owners
I am in the process of looking for a new power amp, that will mate well with my martin logan odysseys and cortese preamp. I am running a hybrid thing at the moment but i feel I could do better in the power department. I heard a few years back a powerful bryston pumping out a nice sound but I am not sure how this would mate with the cortese.
Requirements
1 balanced operation( live in RF hell)
2 Powerful with low gain
3 good value ?

sorry if this question has been asked before but this thread is a nightmare to read because of the paging.

I thank you all in advance
Biscuitbloke
I use my Syrah with a Pass X-250 and really enjoy it, shame the pre does not have the psuedo - balanced output.
Heard it briefly with the X-350.5 stunning.
Not sure whats good value but the X-350.5 was £5,550 used,
more than the price of a new one in the states.
Si
FYI Grange owners. For a relatively small (at least compared to the Grange price) expense, $675, I've just taken this preamp to an entirely different level of performance. Installed a pair of 10uf Mundorf Supreme Silver caps, a pair of .33 uf V-Cap Teflon Film & Tin Foil caps, and a 1957 Philips Mini Watt metal base GZ34. UFB.