Audio Research Corp Ref 5 SE

Just picked up news on another OP that ARC is upgrading the Ref 5 to an SE version that incorporates some of the technology from the Ref 40. The other OP posted the URL link below. Does anyone have any solid information anout this news development? Has anyone heard the Ref 5 SE? Same rumor about an SE version of the Ref Phono 2?

http://artsexcellence-audioresearch.blogspot.com/2011/12/audio-research-reference-5-se.html
bifwynne
Hey Missioncoonery: Based on a call with Calvin at ARC, I understand the Ref 5 will be discontinued, to be replaced with the Ref 5 SE. So, I guess you might say that the SE IS the Ref 6, at least for a while.
If missioncoonery's mission statement is always to wait for the next best thing, he might never have to buy anything ever.

Everything gets replaced. :)

It's like guys always waiting for the next intel processor.

Just buy what you need and can afford.

To paraphrase something from another forum I read, be a "sharpener" when evaluating new gear for purchases. Then be a "leveller" and enjoy what you have.
Day two of the honeymoon.

I swear the bass performance of the 5SE seems to have a bit more bite than the 5 at 120 hours.
"If missioncoonery's mission statement is always to wait for the next best thing, he might never have to buy anything ever."
Doggiehowser..You missed my point.AR changes its line so often it doesnt make sense to buy anything from them new as its replaced quicky.Quicker than any other manufacture IMO,which sucks if you buy new..Whats great today,tomorrow is now under performing and on the cheap...get it?
Missioncoonery - Not sure I agree with your statement about ARC changes lines so often. After all, the REF40 was issued as a limited production model, and a game changer at that.

If ARC wanted to be consumer unfriendly,they could have forgone the upgrade route with the REF 5 and come out with a REF 6. But they didn't and IMO did the right thing by offering the upgrade. Heck, if you don't want it then you don't need to buy it and if you do, your not spending 13k on a new pre-amp.

If you want to pick a company who revamps there line-up frequently, look no further than Magico.

Anyhow, back to the REF 5, does anyone know if the upgrade includes the new faceplate and buttons?

Thanks