ARC REF 110 owners

All those with extensive experience with the above mentioned amp, what do you think about the timbre reproduction ie piano, voice, up right bass etc? How long did the amp take, in terms of total hours, did it take to sound its best.
ff116
Ff..., the REDF 3 tubes should be ok. Now, when you say you have 185 hrs on the Ref 110, is that all? IOW, is this the 1st set? If so, I think the amp is still breaking in.

You say that the speakers are hooked up to the 4 Ohm taps. Have you tried the 8 or 16 Ohm taps yet. It's ok to experiment -- you won't hurt the amp or the speakers.

If you're still not happy, call Cal at ARC. He's very helpful. If still no sparks, call Wilson.

All I can say is that there should be great synergy between the Ref 3 and Ref 110. And I've never heard a disparaging word about the Ref 110.

Please report on how you make out with the taps.
Ff..., one last question What source inputs (e.g., CDP. TT) are you using. Also, have you plugged anything into the Ref 3 OUTPUT jacks, other than the Ref 110. I have a reason for asking these questions, but it's too long to get into now.
Gosh, I feel like a doofus, I forgot to ask if you checked the bias on your KT-120 tunes?
Source inputs used are phono, and cd. I have not biased yet, these are new tubes, as is the amp.
Ff... how have you loaded the Ref 3 outputs, other than the Ref 110? If you have hooked something else up to the Ref 3 outputs (e.g., a subwoofer), other than the Ref 110, what is the input impedance of the other devices? What phono and CD inputs are you using?

Also, if it's not too hard, I would double check the bias of the KT-120 tubes and make sure they are all lit up. Power tubes drift the most when new.

Just trying to cover the obvious. If you call Cal at ARC, at least you can tell him that you covered the regular bases.