ARC REF 110 owners

All those with extensive experience with the above mentioned amp, what do you think about the timbre reproduction ie piano, voice, up right bass etc? How long did the amp take, in terms of total hours, did it take to sound its best.
ff116

Showing 3 responses by ff116

I'm using an ARC REF 3, my speakers are Wilson W/P 8. Yes, I purchased the amp new. It was one of the last few 110s produced, it also came with the kt 120 tubes. It has about 100 hours on it currently, however some instruments sound a little off, further middle to lower midrange seems a tad anemic
My Ref 3 tubes are about 2200 hrs old, although the power tube was changed about 200 hours ago. The Ref 110 has about 185 hrs on it. BTW I'm using the 4 ohm tap currently.

I'm sure it is an unfair comparison but my Lamm ML 1.1s with the Ref 3 sounded full, and completely organic, with resolution that the Ref 110 can't quite match. You might say this is a bit of an experiment. Experience in this hobby has taught a bit of patience doesn't hurt. I was simply wondering if I could expect more in the way of improved sonics beyond this point. CMALAK I will check out the info mentioned, thanks.
Source inputs used are phono, and cd. I have not biased yet, these are new tubes, as is the amp.