Do you understand your amplifier?

I see a lot of people talking about the sound of their amplifier. Simply out of curiousity I would love to know how many audiophiles actually understand why their amplifiers sound a specific way. Simply put, how many Audiophiles understand the circuitry of their amplifiers. There is no right or wrong answer. I am just curious.
liguy
here are some terms i have tried to understand the meaning of over the years:
0. when looking at printed circuit boards with hundreds of tiny resistors and
various other devices, how do you design them? with a computer model?
1. global feedback
2. current gain stage
3. voltage gain stage
4. bipolar transistors
5. single-ended transistors
6. input stage
7. impedence- value of SS preamps VS tube and compatability with SS amps
8. power supply vs transformer vs capacitance
9. watts/amps/volts
10-11-12... "additional terms from you"
I have a good understanding of why they are good fits into my systems, and I had a decent idea of what to expect they would sound like prior to hearing, but the 80/20 rule is in effect here. You can't know exactly how anything will sound until you hear it.
Foster, that's a very good idea and totally feasible, again at least as a tool for getting people into the right ballpark regarding good equipment choices for their needs.

Question will be what is the market for it?

I'll add it to my list of things I might do someday when I retire.....
They only thing I really need to know about an amp, or pretty much any other product is what the final sound will be like in my system and room.

What I have learned first hand is that it's the implementation of the design rather than the technology. Tubes aren't inherently better than SS; all class A aren't better than A/B, D, ICE, etc. I've heard excellent examples of pretty much every configuration, and I've heard poor examples. It drives me crazy when people say things like 'tube sound,' 'analog sound,' etc. If it has a distinctive type of sound in this regard, it's probably been designed to have a sound that ventures too far from neutral IMO.

Beyond that stuff, I don't understand anything, really. I just want as little coloration in my sources, amplification, and cables as possible. Since the speakers have the most distortion and are bound most by the room, let them be the tone control.
There should be something like a high end audio expert software program where you type in your room dimensions, the gear you have or propose having, the sound qualities you value etc. The software program would generate recommendations on what sources, electronics, cables, speakers etc. you should pair together based on your goals for sound.
I doubt that there would be any more consistency between the recommendations provided by computer programs developed by different people or organizations than there is between the recommendations offered by individual audiophiles.

Best regards,
-- Al