Replacing The Stock EH 6SN7 Tubes For Cary SLP 05

Hi

I run a Cary SLP 05 in the following setup

Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamp > Krell FPB 200 c Power Amp > Dynaudio Contour S3.4 Speakers

The Cary SLP 05 gives me that "live" atmosphere and soundstaging but I find that brass and horn instruments are still on the bright and harsh side with the stock tubes. It could be the Krell power amp. As such I thought of tube rolling and trying out some 6SN7's to hopefully give me more warmth and I guess a more euphonic and traditional tube sound. I will look towards replacing Tube Nos. 3 and 6 or the balanced buffer tubes first, retaining the stock EH 6SN7's elsewhere.

My shortlist follows below. Your opinions on how these tubes may sound in the Cary SLP 05 vis-a-vis each other is much appreciated.
mikey8811
You should try the Pavane 6sn7 in the tube #1 and 3.They made a big different in my Cary SLP 05.
Based on my experience with 6SN7s in AtmaSphere amps, I would recommend RCA for NOS and Ming Da for new. The Ming Das don't get much press, but they sound quite nice, and look really cool, too.
Does Pavane really make a 6SN7? I thought they were made by Shuguang, and as such, already have a 6SN7 in their Treasure line? Not sure though.
If you want a warm sound; the Tung-Sol round plate is not your cup-o-tea anyway. It's my fav, because of it's very clean, non-euphonic(my taste) presentation. I'm using them as drivers, with Sylvania 6SN7W's, as phase splitters(another very uncolored tube), in my mains monoblocks. The Brimars would represent the other end of the temp spectrum. Brit valves, like Mullard(ECC33) and Brimar(CV1988/6SN7GT), tend to be much warmer than those European or American manufactured, and well worth seeking out. BTW: don't skip finding a Mullard(Blackburn plant)GZ34 rectifier, as that will also transform your unit, in a very pleasant way. Matter of fact; I'd probably start with that position and tube.
Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Do preamp tubes need to be matched pairs? I keep getting conflicting opinions on this. Cary says yes but many others say only power tubes need matching.