When to get your amp up graded caps ???

I have a Mac 2250 that was purchased from AudioClassics justover two years ago and everything is good with the amp.. but it was made back in the mid 80s...How can you tell if some of that "stuff" on the inside needs updating?
Thanks Don
keslerd
I read some where that the caps in an amp should be replaced after ten years and the amp set to factory specs.
But I have owned some that were 20 to 30 years old and the amp seemed to play fine. However not knowing what the particular amp sounded like new I couldn't say for sure if needed or not but it certainly makes sense to replace them with that vintage if:

1. You plan on keeping it

2. Your not satisfied with it's sound and feel it could be better.

3. Your willing to and can afford the investment compared to selling it and adding the cost of upgrading towards something more current.

Cheers
I have no idea how it sounded when it was new, that would have been nice... but have enjoyed it since it's been in my system... contacting Audio Classics would be a good idea...I guess when you become audio obsessed we worry about too many things, but you want the best you can get, with what you got...
Thanks...
I have 2 Electron Kinetics amps - one was built in the last 3 years, one is about 10 - 12 years old. The manufacturer (EKSC)advocates recapping after 10 years - insists the amps sound better and operate more reliably. The newer one sounds significantly better - which seems to support the point.
For any amp owner wondering about upgrade necessity I am willing to bet that a call to somebody who upgrades amps will result in an immediate suggestion to upgrade and/or replace stuff. I think in a lot of cases the saying, "If it ain't broke, etc." is apt. I'll send my amp in when it breaks (or buzzes or bursts into flames or fails to make Yo Yo Ma sound groovy) or sell it before that for something that doesn't need anything. Really "mister amp designer"...Please make it have the goods right off the bat as it seems kinda lame to say, "well...this item is available in "OK but could be better" or the SAME model can be had with "8 zillion extra micronodules of electron grommet steamers and krypton plated dust bunny phase corrected feet" for $372 more.