Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Ecclectique,

Much thanks for the valuable info. Reason for asking is because I had a really fortunate day today. A friend of mine who works at the University (Southern Cal)gave me a big box of tubes which are remnants of the tubes (electronic shop they had)in storage since the 70's. My score are as follow (all NOS, most with boxes).

2- RCA 2A3
4- KenRad 6V6GT/G
2- KenRad 6F6 (the metal ones)
2-GE 6sn7GTB
2-KenRad 6sn7 Clear Glass
2-RCA 6L6 Metal
2-Sylvania 6sn7GTA Green Lettering Chrome Top
2-CBS Hytron 6SN7GTB
2- GE 5881 Brown Base
4- Telefunken 12AX7
4- Telefunken 12AU7
8- Amperex Bugle Boy 12AU7
2- Amperex Bugle Boy 12AX7

and lots of 811, 0DA's, 807 etc.

Since I am waiting for my Syrah, I like to know which I can use as replacements of the tubes stated on the website.

Thank you and I really appreciate your help!

Abe
Hey Abe, Good score! most everthing on the list can be used with the exception of the 2a3 DTH triodes and all of the miniature 9 pin 12a?7 family of tubes,807's,oda regulators and the 807.
Has anyone come up with a great interconnect (RCA) to be run from a CD source to a Cortese (or Syrah) ?

What would be the closest you would put 2 Cortese (Syrah) pieces to each other ?