Does a Class D amp match well with Thiel Speakers?

I am considering purchasing either the the Thiel 2.4 or 3.7 Speakers. Definitely, I would appreciate the feedback.
tommy2112
I agree with Mapman and prefer heaps of detail which Thiel delivers in spades. Preferring to stay with a solid state preamp, I am curious if it matters whether the amp is Class D or not when matching a preamp. Is the Pass X-10 (excellent reviews) a good match? What other solid state preamp would work well?
Totally disagree with MAPMAN. Cannot disagree more.

I want to be grabbed by music, I want to experience trans similar or identical I have inside symphonic hall. I do not give a dumn if musicians there play with high resolution or no resolution I want to be in this trans inder full influcence of old "replitian" brain

Every time my cortex (smart brain) note details or something else during the playback - its not a music its a sound you like or not and I believe as a rule its one or another kind of distortion

Simon Thacher of Spectron has the same philosophy and when I am listening to my LA-300 Joule-Electra ("most romantic" ) preamp matched to my Spectrons AND recording is GOOD - I am in paradise.

While, I believe that there is no one "correct" way to listen to music I suspect that majority will choose my way...or not
;--)
Anybody understand what Dob is talking about??? Doesn't make much sense to me what he is saying. Well, to each his own as Elmer said when he kissed the cow goodnight.
I think I understand.

I think we share similar goals but perhaps may take different approaches in achieving it.
"Anybody understand what Dob is talking about??? Doesn't make much sense to me what he is saying. "

Soundlock, I am sure you have attended live acoustic music concerts. How was your experience there? Was resolution sufficiently high for you, soundtage wide enough, bass deep and rich and not bloated? Did midrange had good rich texture?

I suspect that you never asked your yourself any of these questions because you came to enjoy MUSIC, particularly if your favorite pieces or performers were there. I presume that after a minute or two you closed your eyes and let music "carry" you.

I want to experience the same while listening to the recorded music. If I am forced to pay attention to super wide soundstage very minute details or whatever then I am not listening to music but evaluate sound and I don;t want to do sound evaluation I want to enjoy misic.

Of course, AFTER listening session I can go back to my aural memory and tell you what I think (feel) about bass, or level of details for example... but I, personally do not care much about it, I want to be "grabbed" by music, to be fully emotionally involved and deeper this (emotional) involment is the better component or recording in question is in my opinion. That's all.

Kind Regards