Best SS preamp $1000

Looking for advice & opinions to kickstart my search for a new solid state 2-channel pre. Budget is ~$1000 max, new or used.

Must have remote, don't need balanced connections, don't need phono stage.

The rest of my system is: Reference 3A MM de Capo i speakers, Parasound HCA-1000A amp, Logitech Transporter as source, current pre is a Parasound P/LD-1100.

Thanks in advance!
tlhiii
In spite of the fact that I perfer the RLD-1 and this is just a personal preference, I have to admit that the PRE 3 is indeed a very good ss preamp and many regard it as their reference preamp.
I did read up on the RLD-1 and many people described it as having a "tubey" sound, or being particularly well-suited to pairing with a tube amp, so I didn't think it would be my thing (I prefer a very neutral sound). The RLD-1 is certainly a well-regarded piece of gear though, and was solidly in my price range. If I was looking for a little warmth in my system it probably would have been my choice.
Tlhiii, you are correct in your assmuption. This is precisely why we have a preamp game. I think also it has alot to do with your preferences in sound as you mentioned and other associated gear. I know you will be very pleased with the Pre 3.