Best SS preamp $1000

Looking for advice & opinions to kickstart my search for a new solid state 2-channel pre. Budget is ~$1000 max, new or used.

Must have remote, don't need balanced connections, don't need phono stage.

The rest of my system is: Reference 3A MM de Capo i speakers, Parasound HCA-1000A amp, Logitech Transporter as source, current pre is a Parasound P/LD-1100.

Thanks in advance!
tlhiii
Kavent S-33...although somewhat obscure, an astonishing value in a "built like a tank", astonishingly transparent sweet sounding balanced dual mono preamp.
Those members who recommended Bel-Canto Pre-3. I think three questions need to be ask; Is the BC pre-amp musical and engaging?? (Transparency can be cold and analytical or warm and less detailed) Will it match with the different amps Tlhii may finally consider?? Is the unit still current?? (Though, this is the least important factor). I launched a thread several weeks ago, about if "same brand separates" offer better sound. I think the thread was 50/50 split
The Bel Canto is a wonderful balance of neutral, transparent and musical, smooth and sweet at the same time.

Never thin sounding or bright in any way. You can listen to music for hours without any fatigue.

It really is quite good and can be found used for $1000 or so.

I have owned some of the best pre's and the Pre 3 is very special at its price point.
Neutral is the best word to describe the Bel Canto Pre3. Volume goes up, or volume goes down with no coloration that I can hear, it's like no pre at all. I've owned a few decent amps but none have been as transparent as the Pre3.
Smooth operation is an added plus. The volume control seems infinitely adjustable, an excellent feature.
That's my take.
Disclaimer - I'm considering selling mine to simplify with an integrated amp but haven't committed to it yet. The last time I tried to replace it lasted about a month before I put the Pre3 back in the system.
Most of the reviews of the Pre3 jibe with what Timrhu & Grannyring have said above -- it's neutral and doesn't color the sound.

This fits well with my taste -- I prefer neutral and detailed and transparent, even what some might describe as a litte bit "foward" -- rather than "warm" or "sweet" or "laid back", etc., etc.

I could always swap out some interconnects and/or speaker cables to take the edge off the sound if it went too far.

[@Timrhu, please feel free to shoot me an email if you decide to let go of the Pre3.]