Two things about tubes

Hi guys,
Another post to learn before to spend my money.
Do the tubes gear need a pre-heat time before starting to listening to ???
Do the tubes are noise and able to produce enough audible noise between songs ??
Thanks for your time in educating me.
Jorge
dvjorge
I have a tube pre and power amplifiers and they`re silent. My speakers are 94db sensitivity.Power amp sounds good even when cold(initial start up) after 25-30 minutes it`s full steam ahead.
Best Regards,
Do the tubes gear need a pre-heat time before starting to listening to ???
I start listening to a tube amp when I first turn it on, and it sounds good. After 20 minutes or so, it seems to reach it's best sound.
Do the tubes are noise and able to produce enough audible noise between songs ??
Not unless there is a noisy or defective tube in the amp/preamp. Tube and SS amps can give a little hiss if you put you ear against the speaker, but not from you listening spot. Someone must have a bad tube or anther problem if they said that.
I have a tube integrated and it is silent. Mine will play music within a few seconds of powering on but it does take about 10 - 20 min to get fully heated up and sounding great. Oh yeah for what ever it is worth my speakers are 85db.
Don't be afraid to name names guys. It's nice your amps are quiet but how can we find a quiet one unless we know which ones they are?