Any McIntosh C48 owners out there?

I'm interested in hearing from any McIntosh C48 Audio Preamp owners, who can share their experiences in owning this new preamp. I'm interested in the volume control and how it functions compared to the C42, or C46. Since many of the bells/whistles have been eliminated, is the sound improved over the former preamps. There's no Mac dealer near me, so that's why I'm asking.
sid42
I have been pleased with the sound quality of my McIntosh C48 preamp. Imaging and low level detail are particularly good. Someone reportedly affiliated with McIntosh posted on another forum that the sound quality of the C48 and C50 are essentially the same, but the features differ (which should be expected for the $2000 price difference).
I have not compared my C48 to the C42 or C46 in listening tests. While the C46 has more equalizers the top one is centered at 4khz. I prefer having the top one centered at 10khz as on the C48, but rarely use the equalizer. The digital inputs on the C48 are very good and another potential advantage over the C46.
I have no complaints on the volume control on the C48. It is smooth in operation and displays precise control manually or by remote. Most of my listening occurs in the range of 30 to 45% on the display.
Thanks, Mglenn! I also read the report you mention about the C48 and C50 sounding the same. The Mac guy was Ron Cornelius. Like you, I prefer the 10khz control on the eq. vs the 4khz being used on the others. Thanks for your input. It seems this model is still fairly rare, as this is my second posting on this model, and you're the only one to respond, so far.
Alan
On the McIntosh forum at audioaficionado.org there are several posts that may be of interest.

One post suggests the volume control function of the C42 is unique to that unit.
"One of the things that frustrated me with the C42 was McIntosh's optical volume control. It was Mac's first preamp to use their optically controlled volume. McIntosh chose to design the volume curve linear without the standard audio taper, which in subsequent preamplifiers this was corrected. This caused me to have to turn the volume up far past the point I was use to with all other preamps to achieve a given volume level. I am sure one can grow use to this, but I never cared for it."

Another owner gave a very positive endorsement to the C48:
"I have now lived about a month with the C48 instead of C220. i initially noticed how much quieter the C48 was. Now, after having used it for a while, i can say with great confidence that my stereo has never sounded as good! i am really happy with it, both as a pre and as a Dac."