Tube Research Labs Dude vs. Shindo Labs preamps

I am in the market to look for a tube preamp. I have narrow down my choices to Tube Research Labs Dude and a comparable price Shindo Labs.

Can anybody provide me your experience to help me to make a better decision? Better yet, have anybody compared them side by side before?

Thank!
tthean
Charles1dad, Charles has every right to air his grievances, but he is not manning up and calling TRL directly, which is beyond me. They are willing help, but he is choosing to be destructive instead. It is part of the Jerry Springer therapeutic model which always ends badly.
Now my manhood is at stake! My apologies to the thread originator. Not sure if sending the thing back to TRL for a third time is manly or just down-right foolish. I believe the best course of action for my situation is to go third party for repair.
Seems from the previous thread that just got deleted Cdente outlined pretty clearly conversations he had with TRL to try to rectify the problem. Perhaps he's now overly frustrated to the point where he feels working with them isn't going to improve his lot. Who really knows at this point? It's basically all hearsay except for what we hear from the primary parties involved. So far only one side is talking.

What I do know is that threads disappearing doesn't benefit anyone. Quite frankly the behavior of a few produces negative benefits for the community as a whole. Even more to the point I believe, as it did in the past, it poorly reflects on the manufacturer. They don't need or deserve to deal with the fall out that generally occurs because of this type of behavior or be associated with it.

Ship your blinkin Dude to TRL and have them sell it to a more worthy owner.

Well has the manufacturer made this offer? To me this is the most reasonable thing I've read since this all got started.
For the record I will gladly ship it back to them for a full refund. Changes nothing in terms of my experience with them as a consumer or as a member of this community. And no I have not heard anything directly from the manufacturer.
Chuck,

Did TRL offer to sell the unit for you? No Pinocchio movements on us now.

Did you call Paul before your cut throat rage in the forums?