Best preamp for 2k-3k

I am ready to upgrade from my AR LS2 Preamp. In thi price range I am considering the AR LS 26, AR REF 2 and Sonic Frontiers Line 3. Amp rollers will include AR Classic 120 Quicksilver M 130 and Cary Audio SLM 100. Please advise.
yeyoaudio
I've had a number of tube preamps in the past few years including Hovland, Rogue, Audio Horizons, Lamm and a ARC LS-26. It may be synergy thing with my Bryston monoblocks but my preference is:
1. LS-26
2. Lamm Ref2 (this was my favorite but it just had issues in my system and is out of your price range)
3. Lamm LL2 Deluxe
4. Hovland
5. Audio Horizons
6. Rogue Magnum 99

So its all system dependent for sure. I still the best bang for the buck was Lamm LL2 Deluxe.

I heard the Calypso in a friend's system and it was great except that it was finicky on noisy tubes. Never owned a Cary but a few friend's have and they work very well with Cary amps for sure.

Good luck in your search....
Don Allen has a new two tube preamp that is spectacular. It is actually the best I have heard..fantastic dynamics, very natural and balanced sound without any sterility, the bass is spectacular, and the midrange is perfect. All for $850.00! I have heard many of the above named preamps, and this is definitely the best I have heard IMO.
Macdadtexas

You have heard the TRL Dude vs the Cary in a system?

I like the Cary and have owned it, as good as it is the Dude really stood outvs the Cary.

Did you really listen to the Dude?
I have absolutely no idea what the Dude is. I have heard the Lamm(s), ARC, Audio Horizon, Hovland, Rogue, Bel Canto, Shindo, McIntosh.........

I think the Dude will be on my list to hear before I die. I'm guessing the Cary is still better.

In this price range, I'm still taking the Cary, it's definitely my fav, and has the best build quality and long term value. Well along with the ARC on the long term value, ARC stuff is stellar and really holds it's value as well. Mac holds value as well, and you could find a C2200 in this price range, maybe, I like the Mac sound as well, and build qaulity is great too, but I would still, take the Cary.