Oh how I wish Class D amps ...

I sure wish manufacturers and designers would move forward as quickly as is possible on improving the current status of Class D amps ... I have heard them all, some in my own system, and they have SO mcu promise !!! Unfortunately they just do not have it down yet. They still sound dry, unmusical, and strange in the treble ... kind of chalky and rolled off, and definitely lacking air.
I long for the day I can get rid of my hundred pound Class AB monster amp, for a nice small cool running amp that sounds just as good. I am worried though that designers and manufacturers have accepted the " It sounds good enough" opinion, and that the B&O Ice power may be a long time before it is "fixed"... sigh.
Just my rant ...
timtim
What is very apparent and holds true to any and every concern here on AG is that someone selling Atmasphere amplifiers will attack, like wolves in a pack and with some of the most made up science heevar.

Uh Weseixas, do you have an ax to grind? Is that you grinding it? Maybe you could explain what you mean here- its hard to tell who its directed to.

Regarding the context of this thread though, Muralman1 made a comment that did not seem to make sense, and I asked him to clarify. Now Unsound and I often come down on opposite sides of a conversation, but he never attacks me and I have always respected him for that. He often challenges me- that is different and as far as I know, there is no rancor. He and I were in agreement regarding the need for clarification.

OTOH, Audiofeil is not usually one to get deep into the technical aspects of a subject, so I have to assume to that the 'made up science' part of your comment is directed at me. Do you care to explain that or is my assumption incorrect? Who is the 'wolves in a pack'?
>>Ag waits your intelluctual response<<

Well, that's really nice of you first of all.

I'd have to hear his components in his room to make a recommendation.

Make sense to you?
Thanks for your thoughts.
I know you speak for the entire ag readership.
Or think you do.
Atmasphere, I have walked away from that part of my discussion. The move to the preamp I am using was made years ago when the audio picture was different. I am just happy with the way things turned out.
Audiofeil, the truth of the matter is, you can't make any worthwhile recommendation on my system unheard. Perchance you hear my system I suggest you would not have the temerity to challenge any component comprising my system.
OK. But FWIW, there should be no problem with almost any preamp, tube or transistor, driving a class D amp.