SS for Merlins VSMs?

Is there anyone who has found an SS amp that they prefer to tube amps with their Merlins? I have most recently owned CAT JL2, Atma-spehre M-60, Music Reference RM9 Special Edition and RM10MKII, Quicksilver V4s, and the Ars Sonum integrated (In each and everyone sound terrific with the Merlins). For SS, I did try Pass XA30.5 and First Watt Aleph J, but did not prefer them to my tube amps (I now use Music Reference RM10s - summer; and the Atma-spehere M60s the rest of the year).

So, any great SS sucess stories with the Merlins up against the kind of tube gear I have owned? Or is that just a elusive chase?
pubul57
Paul,

I'd recommend you try and audition the new Quicksilver 88 monoblocks; I think they may be better than the V4s and you certainly don't need the power. They wouldn't throw much heat into your room in the summer either.
Pubul57, Just wanted to add that I'm getting very enjoyable sound from my TSMs with a NAD c320BEE budget ss integrated. Now that in its self my disqualify my comments (might just prove that I have a tin ear). But my thoughts are that if I can get good sound from the NAD then there must be some ss gear that would sound amazing with the Merlins.

Now, like Gmuffley said, tubes are tubes and SS is SS. But both can sound fantastic.

Scott
Paul,

I have been a tube man for years believing that there could be no SS that I would like as well as a great tube system. I tried Pass, TRL, Rowland, and more but none to my ears were as enjoyable as a great tube system until now.
I have discovered a SS integrated. Yes believe it or not a integrated amp from a French company named Neodio. I have their NR 600 Signature. It replaced a Air Tight 300b amp and Joule Electra ME300 pre amp and believe or not its not even close favoring the Neodio.
I will take a look. Thanks. Anything that can beat a Joule/Air Tight combo is worth a look.