Ultralinear vs. Triode vs. SET

I currently have a Rogue Cronus that I have been quite satisfied with, but I am intrigued with the possibility of a SET amplifier. From both a technical and sonic perspective, what are the differences between a tube amp with switchable ultralinear and triode mode vs. a true SET amplifier?
droz
Al:

In well executed designs, I think the SET "magic" is there for the high powered SET's as well. My favorite high powered SET tube is the GM70. I like my GM70 amp just as much as my 45,2A3 and 300B amps. In fact, If I could have only one SET amp I would probably take the GM70 due to its amazing presence and versatility over multiple music genres.
Sparky,
I agree, the SET experience most certainly is`nt HiFi it`s music presented naturally.
" is`nt HiFi it`s music presented naturally."

LOL - Oh no! You're not really going to bring that one back, are you Charles?
HI 1dad,
Clearly, you and I have very different ideas about what the term "hi fi" means. To me, hi fi sound is the holy grail. It is reality. Any deviation from this objective can be described as distortion, coloration, signatures, etc. IOW, anything that deviates from reality. Hi fi is a real term not subject to individual interpretation. It is what we as audiophiles should aim at. You clearly don't by your own words.

Your definition is so loose that anything you say looses meaning, has no anchors, and is useless. You are definitely a SET type. Stay away from me!! I don't want to catch your brain wanderings.

Sparky