Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Schacter, I had the same problem with my Cortese. the solution (and necessary move to eliminate noise) was to place Pwr Supply on the floor next to the rack. You want the Pwr Supply (and for that matter any other strong magnetic-field producing device as far away from the pre amp as possible. I asked Mick to send my Cortese with an extra long embilical cord connecting the two pcs. I ordered a small (size) Stelf Shelf from Symposium to place the Pwr supply on. All really works well. You may have to re-arrange your gear on your rack to find the most noise-free arrangement, but it is worth all the effort.
Mike: Thanks for the suggestion. That may not work for me in light of my configuration, but I'll get out my measuring tape and see.
Decided to throw my hat in the ring. Today I ordered a SupraTek Cortese linestage from Mick. I'm sure it'll be 4-6 months till it is completed. This will be my first piece of tube equipment. Hopefully, I can get off this upgrade merri-go-round soon. After I buy this preamp, a new power amp, power cords for each, and interconnects.

OT, but I wonder if Audiophilia could be classified as a disability and compensated for in some fashion under the American w/Disabilities Act. Even a tax write-off would be nice.
anybody here have experience with audio note preamplifiers and that might be able to comment on supratek vs audio note?
c12366 I hoping to hear these comments also. The person who sold his Supratek on this thread went to the Audio Note pre