Spectral preamps

I've read that Spectral AMPS must be used with Spectral preamps and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.

Does the same rule apply to Spectral PREAMPS? Can they be used on their own with other manufacturers' amps?

I assume the same rule applies for amps and preamps, but just checking. Thanks in advance.
bigamp
I once had a DMC-10, one of the earlier Spectral preamps and I used it with a Krell KSA-250. It always performed well and had no hi frequency side effects. I also had a Counterpoint SA-3 at the time and compared them to each other a few times and they sounded quite similar to me then. Although now they may not.

Although I know it's true, it seems very odd to that a company would design a product to have ultra wide bandwidth and then require special cables to tame the very thing they spent time and money creating. It sounds like something the government would do.
Larry,

I don't think anyone is making a general recommendation on MIT cables. In fact, I completely dislike a large set of their cables - I also find them really colored - except as prescribed for the Spectral gear. The MIT/Spectral cables have been spec'ed by Spectral, and it's not really Bruce's creation (is my well informed understanding).

As Casouza said, their electronics contain no filters, and in addition, wide bandwidth designs operate optimally within a certain range (there are plenty of informative discussions about this on whatsbestforum.com's amplifier threads). The required filters for Spectral sit "in" the cables so their values can be optimized for the length purchased - simple as that. There is nothing "odd" (Rwwear) about this approach, they just optimize the entire chain by placing custom filters outside the boxes; in the end all the expected pars are there, just in slightly different places.

In the end, no electronics brand is for everyone, we all know that.
BTW, you will also find some very informative posts by ex Spectral designer Damian Martin on WBF's Spectral forum.
It is odd to me Ack to have an amplifier so dependent on another company's cables.