Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I got my Syrah with the Jarrah Wood base and the polished chrome top. I could find NO bad spots or imperfections on the unit anywhere. My unit has worked beautifully from the time I opened it up and after 2 months, it only gets better! I agree with BWhite. I believe Micks quality control will only get better with time.
Arooj - Scott has talked to Mick and plans to provide service to Supratek owners in the California Bay Area (near San Francisco). I believe Mick has other recommended service agents elsewhere in the US.

When I engaged Scott he immediately agreed to do the work for the Supratek - no problem. My guess is that you will easily find several people in the US who can do such work.
Got a note back from Mick on the Cortese. It has no remote option with the transformered 24-point volume control. He says all Corteses come with manual gain control.
any new user of this greatest preamp of the century?we need your latest report and advice. thanks

Tim
I am waiting on my Chardonnay. I ordered it the middle of February. Mick said 8 to 10 weeks at that time. It has been 10 weeks so I hope it is not too much longer. I will report as soon as I have a chance to give it an initial listen.