Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks for the input Gunbei, I've heard that Gilbert is quite a creative guy. Just for reference, which pre-power combo were you using or compare to your BC combo before purchasing them?

Thanks again, and apologies to everyone for going off topic.
Bwhite, has Mick established any form of service support in the US, or if there's a problem does the piece have to be shipped back to him?
Hi Brian, this is Tom. I bought a pr. of Sylvania VT-231's that are JAN from 1940's in the original boxes and they sound fantastic in my Syrah. I am also buying a pr. of Sylvania GTB's that I like the sound of. I think I have found Tungsol 5881's and a Mullard 5AR4 rectifier tube. Now if I can just find a pr. of WE417's for the phono stage. I love this preamp!
Hey Tom! I told you it was good! So far for my system the Ken Rad Black Glass VT-231's are the ultimate in weight body, and seductive sound. The Sylvania Metal Base 6SN7W's are super good! But... they're hard to find with low microphonics.

The Tung Sol 5881's give a lot of dimension and front to back soundstage layering. Nice effect. Plus they are fractionally more detailed than the Sovteks. But until the TS 5881's are broken in, the Sovteks will sound a bit better.

As for the Mullard 5AR4 - I'm using a GZ32 and I don't know if it's all that much better than the stock Philips rectifier tube.
Grandpad, if there is a problem with your preamp, Mick determines which is easier - sending back or having the preamp fixed locally.

I had some work done to my preamp locally and Mick paid for it. The remote control board was funky and picked up cellular phone calls.