NuForce vs Bel Canto

Greetings Agoners!

I am interested in trying some Class D mono blocks and was wondering if anybody has done an A-B comparison between the NuForce 9 v2 SE (or any version) and the Bel Canto Ref500 or Ref1000 MK 2 series?

Thanks in advance for any input!
:-)

Regards,
Claud1e
128x128claud1e
Wyred4Sound is another good but less expensive Class D option designed for good results using tube pre-amps.
Thanks Mapman. I recall your happiness with the BC's from a comment in my virtual system. The Kora Crescendo preamp really seems to 'play nice' with everything I have tried it with so far.

I will no doubt keep the input impedance in mind as I come closer to a decision.

Regards,
Chad
Claud,

I would not expect a less than optimal match to sound bad. Some might even prefer the sound.

Generally a higher amp input impedance can help assure lower distortion and better dynamics, especially with tube pre-amps which tend towards higher output impedance by nature, some more than others. It can also vary by frequency in a manner taht is not reflected in published impedance specs. So its a matter of degree more so than good/bad perhaps. Also its more of an insurance policy to hedge your bet towards better results in that exact results cannot be known in advance or in lieu of an apples/apples a/b comparison.