NuForce vs Bel Canto

Greetings Agoners!

I am interested in trying some Class D mono blocks and was wondering if anybody has done an A-B comparison between the NuForce 9 v2 SE (or any version) and the Bel Canto Ref500 or Ref1000 MK 2 series?

Thanks in advance for any input!
:-)

Regards,
Claud1e
128x128claud1e
I see you have a tube pre-amp.

Bel Canto mk II or m ref series are the BC products to look at for best results with a tube pre-amp. These have a 100Kohm+ custom input stages designed for best results with a tube pre-amp.

The Nuforce site indicates only 22Kohm input impedance for that model, which is a less optimal match for most tube pre-amps, at least on paper.

I can vouch for the sound quality of the BC ref1000m mono blocks I use. I went with this specific BC model in that my system benefits from more costly BC tweaks to stock IcePower Class D amps (these tweaks are not present in less expensive non ref series BC Class D amps) in their latest and greatest mkii or m ref series amps.

These are an improved power supply internally which helps with larger or more power and current hungry speaker designs and the custom higher impedance input stage for optimal results with tube pre-amps.

The beter Spectron amps are the other Class D amps that I considered with similar features that would be another option to BC ref mkii/m series amps. I have not heard these so I cannot comment though I would expect their performance to be similarly good.

Rowland makes otehr highly regarded Class D amps that I am less familiar with.
Wyred4Sound is another good but less expensive Class D option designed for good results using tube pre-amps.
Thanks Mapman. I recall your happiness with the BC's from a comment in my virtual system. The Kora Crescendo preamp really seems to 'play nice' with everything I have tried it with so far.

I will no doubt keep the input impedance in mind as I come closer to a decision.

Regards,
Chad