Audiolab, Rowland integrated - nothing in between?

Of course there is something in-between. Question is if it's worth it. I am thinking about uprading my Audiolab 8000LX integrated but even used Rowland or perhaps Gryphon are beyond the reach at the moment. How much would I really gain if I got, say, Naim or Plinius or whatever?
My Michael Green Design free resonance speakers need really good control or they become loose. Audiolab does OK but it's not good enough. And I want more resolution, better imaging, soundstage etc. Cables are Purist Audio Colossus.
So. what do you think?
inna
Thanks, Mik971. Unfortunately, best you've used is not of much help without knowing what else you've used.
I second the redgum endorsement. The RGi120 is outrageously good for the money they go for used. Auditory memory is faulty, but I prefer it the Plinus 8200MKII I owned.
Sorry, should have elaborated more.... I have owned Mac Seperates (solid-state), Sunfire Seperates, Rotel and Arcam, and NAD Integrateds. The Bryston was the most balanced, best sounding unit to my ears. It has warmth, detail, great bass control... I paired it with B&W and MB Quardt speakers with great success. The only reason I sold it was to try out tubes. (which I am currently hooked on)
YBA Passion Integre could be an option. Anyone knows it well? How is the PRaT, dynamics and bass? I would not worry about the transparency, soundstage etc. - I am sure it's excellent at that.
Try a Yamaha a-s2000...one of the best bang for your buck products on the market today! A "CLASSIC" that we will talk about for a long time!