Audiolab, Rowland integrated - nothing in between?

Of course there is something in-between. Question is if it's worth it. I am thinking about uprading my Audiolab 8000LX integrated but even used Rowland or perhaps Gryphon are beyond the reach at the moment. How much would I really gain if I got, say, Naim or Plinius or whatever?
My Michael Green Design free resonance speakers need really good control or they become loose. Audiolab does OK but it's not good enough. And I want more resolution, better imaging, soundstage etc. Cables are Purist Audio Colossus.
So. what do you think?
inna

Showing 2 responses by mik971

The best SS integrated that I have used is the Bryston B-60SST. You should be able to find one used at your budget. Great sound, bullet proof build quality, excellent customer service and warranty!
Sorry, should have elaborated more.... I have owned Mac Seperates (solid-state), Sunfire Seperates, Rotel and Arcam, and NAD Integrateds. The Bryston was the most balanced, best sounding unit to my ears. It has warmth, detail, great bass control... I paired it with B&W and MB Quardt speakers with great success. The only reason I sold it was to try out tubes. (which I am currently hooked on)