Amp recommendation for Alon IV

Could someone recommend me an amp for a set of Acarian Alon IV's? I was thinking of venturing into world of tube amps, but I hear the Alon's are pretty power hungy. I'd like get an amp for $2000 or under so I don't know if getting a tube amp with enough power will be possible in that price range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have a Rega Mira 3 integrated, it's possible for me to use this as a preamp only, correct?
sinner
If we can draw anything from shows, Carl Marchisotto has demo'd with Joule Electra, Conrad Johnson and ARC at CES, Halcro in Taiwan, Lamm in Indonesia.

At AKFEST, the Viper REf II was demo'd with the affordable Jolida JD1000P.

Brooklyn Audio used deHavilland in Montreal, High-End Palace used ARCs.

At CES in 2007, Carl used the Western Electric 972-A monoblock amps, not really in your price-range though. Actually, not in any normal person's price range.

Carl wrote on PF in response to the the Viper review: "One amplifier we use which is also priced about the same as the loudspeakers and has provided great results is the ASL Hurricane."

I'd say from those that the Jolida JD1000P ($2k) would be in your price range, but possibly a used Hurricane.

Regards,
Cary SLI-80 integrated would be an excellent choice if you don't play at ear shattering volume. It has 80 watts in ultralinear and 40 in triode mode.

Jolida JD1000RC integrated would also be good. It's rated at 100 watts.

Rogue Stereo 90 would be in your price range.

ASL Hurricanes sound great when they're working, but early models had a terrible track record for breaking down. It's probably best to steer clear of them for a first tube amp.

If you want to go the SS route, Belles 150A Hotrod and Sunfire would be great options. I'm sure there are lots of others.
Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it. I have been doing some research and found a lot of people had issues with the first generation of the Hurricane as Mingles said... From the info I read it sounds like most of those problems were fixed in the gen II but I'm not sure. Do you guys think I should still steer clear of the Hurricane even if it is a gen II?

I'm looking for ease of use, as I said this will be my first foray into tubes so I don't want anything too complicated.

Thanks again!
Early model Hurricanes seemed like an experiment rather than a finished product. Every one I've seen has a sagging top chassis plate because the sheet metal they used was too thin to support those enormous transformers. The new models were completed redesigned and are supposed to be more reliable. You definitely want to avoid the first gen.

I wouldn't dismiss the Cary SLI-80 or Jolida JD1000RC. Either one will drive your Alons quite nice and allow you to eliminate the Rega Mira 3.
The Alon 4's are different then the other Alon models in that they have a 15" woofer and are very power hungry. 100 watts/ch minimum, 200 watts/ch even better. I agree that tubes are the way to go if possible but it's going to be tough to find a tube amp with that kind of power in your price range. Maybe the CJ premier 12(140 watts/ch)or ARC VT 200(200watts/ch). You could also try one of the used CJ SS amps(2500?) in this power range as the CJ SS amps tend to be more tube like in their sound.