Modwright LS 36.5 or BAT VK-51SE

I've got it narrowed down to these two preamps. Any thoughts?
roor
I auditioned both preamps thoroughly in my system (Thiel 3.7, Primare A32 and Marantz 7s1, Supra cables. I also auditioned ARC Reference 3, CJ ACT 1, Aesthetix calypso and Pass XP10. Surprisingly to me, I thought the Modwright 36.5 exceeded them all. The integration of the sound and the articulate low frequencies (unlike the VK51SE which had a strong bass but not the clarity) made the decision easy. I thought based on reviews that the Ref 3 was going to be my choice, but it sounded good but not great in my system; in fact, I would have been hard pressed to hear a lot of difference between the Calypso and the Ref 3. Proves once again there is NO substitution for auditioning in your system in your room. Given that there are 36.5s on the used market for under $3000 I think it is a tremendous value. Build quality is superb and I particularly like having a volume knob again.
I had the single box 36.5 side by side with a Dodd battery and a response Audio Bella Max pre and the order of finish was the Bella, the Dodd, and then the MW in terms of overall clarity and air.

Yes a nice unit and Dan is very cool. I recently had an entry level BAT unit and really liked it and had great response to my questions by Viktor. I was on the verge of going with a 51SE or even the 52SE and then decide to slow down and shop around some. When I tried the Rogue Anthem with the same 6H30 tubes as used by the others mentioned it was fantastic, but I have ordered a TRL Dude based solely on reviews here.

So I would not count out BAT products and believe service is excellent from both organizations. Both solidly built as well. You really can't go wrong with either but it might help to know what tubes tickle your fancy and lean that way.
service is excellent from both organizations. Both solidly built as well. You really can't go wrong with either but it might help to know what tubes tickle your fancy and lean that way.

What he said.
I thought about the TRL Dude as well, but isn't that a single ended (rca only) preamp?

I need balanced inputs and outputs. If the Dude is available with balanced ins and outs, it will certainly be in the running.

Can anyone confirm?
Bugredmachine:

I've never heard either of these tubes, or either of the preamps! I live in northern NH and there isn't much access to demos or dealers around here, so I am going on input I've received and reviews. I would love to hear about the differences between the two models of tubes these two different preamps use. Thanks,

My system is:

Pass XA-60.5 amps
Esoteric P-05 transport
Esoteric D-03 DAC
Totem Hawk speakers
Pass Labs X0.2 preamp (upgrading now)