McIntosh MC402 - Best tube preamp?

I'm in process of upgrading my main system. Looking for opinions on a good used tube preamp based upon these more primary components.

-McIntosh MC402 [used unit soon to be acquired]
-Yamaha CX1000U preamp [now ganged w/ Yamaha MX1000U amp]
-Art Audio Vinyl One phono preamp
-SOTA Nova - lastest version table incl. the SOTA clamp
-Origin Live - Illustrious tone arm
-Shelter 90x cart
-PS Audio P500 Power Regenerator
-Music Hall Maverick SACD [upgraded version]
-Cables are all higher end with AudioQuest Cobra being the lowest grade
-Two sets of vintage McIntosh XR7 loudspeakers with the McIntosh MQ107 Environmental Equalizer [will be looking to upgrade from these when I can although they are all mechanically mint and sound terrific] and one pair of JBL L65 Jubals
-Dedicated 20amp home receptacle

-I am particular to vinyl
-I have tastes in more refined blues, quality rock, jazz

My quess is that one of the Mac tube preamps would be best but I'm trying to keep my cost for a quality used unit in the $2500-$3000 range.

Suggestions? Thanks.
sit
Thx to all for your responses. I've been reading the details on all of your recommendations.

My budget max. is $3000 and I would like to purchase a preused unit. Most of your suggestions require more cash than what I want to invest at this time.

I'm stretching for the MC402 and want the best tube amp I can get for my budget. Is $3k not going to get me there?
You can get a used McIntosh C2200 pre for $3K which is the predecessor to the C2300, many prefer the sound of the C2200 over the C2300. There is one in 9/10 condition out there right now for $3150obo, it will pair up superbly with the MC402 so take a look before somebody else grabs it!
I have the McIntosh C220 and really like it. It doesn't have all the features as the 2200 or the 2300 but it's a very fine preamp. You can find them used for around $2200-2300.